3D/BIM Manager (Civil and Infrastructure) Job, London
3D/BIM Manager (Civil and Infrastructure)
£50,000 to £55,000
Due to continued growth, our client is seeking a 3D/BIM Manager to join their busy and team. Working on high profile port and maritime infrastructure projects internationally, the BIM Manager will take overall responsibility for the production of precast/cast in place concrete structures and underground service (lv and hv system, drainage, potable and fire water networks) drawings and models in a variety of software, including production of details and construction stage drawings.
The role includes the development and mentoring of junior CAD staff, ensuring quality and compliance to 3D/CAD standards, general management of the CAD team.
- Manage delivery of CAD/BIM elements of projects
- Ensuring quality and compliance to standards of 3D/CAD deliverables produced within the UK and Worldwide offices.
- Production of models and drawings in accordance 3D/CAD standards
- Production of detailed construction drawings for new construction or renovation of existing facilities.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior CAD staff in both the use of software and arrangement of drawings
- Where required, prepare estimates for CAD/BIM input to work items.
- Develop all design components such as libraries, families, catalogues, templates and models using the relevant modeling tools.
- Use the relevant library management tools to build, store and manage model libraries.
- Prepare own discipline model and/or content for internal reviews and coordination meetings.
3D/CAD Infrastructure Modeler Requirements:
- 5-10 years’ experience in CAD/BIM project implementation.
- 5-10 years’ (preferable) experience in maritime infrastructure and underground services modeling/drafting.
- Proficient in using Autodesk CAD/BIM tools such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, Infraworks 360 and Navisworks.
- Knowledgeable of British Standards BS/PAS Series.
- Significant experience of working across common industry 3D/CAD packages, particularly Autodesk Environment.
- Significant experience of work within underground services and network design and detailing of both new, replacement and renovation projects
- Experience of leading and developing other team members
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision and provide support and mentoring to others
- Ability to travel to client sites and overseas offices could be required
Our client is looking to start the right individual immediately so please apply today.