Account Manager Job, Gatwick
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 + 20-30% bonus
My client is a well-established Data Centre & Mission Critical service provider. They work throughout a wide variety of sectors, including commercial and private sector. Project and deal sizes range from a couple of thousand through to £10 million.
The successful candidate will not have to have an Engineering background but will be expected to be able to have meaningful discussions with clients relating to the core services, identify opportunity through a consultative sales engagement and have great customer relationship management skills but most importantly open new doors with new clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Selling extensive high-quality Mission Critical Solutions and Services
- Majority of your time will be spent selling to key account customers including tier 1 Data Centre operators
- The remaining portion of your time will be spent developing relationships with other identified new business targets.
- Targeted on developing new relationships with key account target clients, securing new business with agreed productised services
- Dealing with requirements from strategic services £5k-£100k and Major Opportunities £100k to £3M
- To develop, lead and manage new business development activities.
- To build our new business pipeline both in existing market sectors/regions and new ones. This will involve working on your own initiative and with our internal departments such as marketing, our bid team and senior leadership team.
- Development with senior leadership team the strategic direction of the bid function
- Development and management of new business Key Performance Indicators
- Reviewing and assessing the potential to develop strategic partnerships with clients and specialist supply partners
- Analyse win/loss data to give insight into how the company can adjust to continually improve performance and win success rate.
- A strong communicator with a direct and open style. Enthusiasm and drive with evidence of strong client focus, a flexible and resilient attitude.
- Achievement orientation / drive for results.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and/or aspirations.
- Self-motivated. Dynamic. Professional. Continuously self-improving
- Experience within the Data Centre Industry
- CRM Experience (preferable)
- Large Account Management Plan (LAMP) experience preferable
- To be a ‘team player’ within the office – Helping colleagues, as and when necessary, especially to meet deadlines
- BTEC/HND In Engineering Based Discipline & Demonstrable Experience (Preferable)
- Engineering Based Degree (BSc, BEng, MEng) (Preferable)