Assistant Quantity Surveyor,
Eastleigh, Bristol or Aldershot, Up to £35,000 DOE + Benefits
A leading Facilities and Maintenance department of a blue-chip organisation are now recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with a repairs, maintenance or small works background. Ideally with experience in Mechanical and Electrical.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will support the Senior Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers. You will work across the commercial team, from bidding through to project control and final account.
* Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team
* Compiling applications data and providing input into change control systems
* Understanding risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team
* Assisting in subcontract management and, in time, taking responsibility for your own subcontractors
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience as an Assistant QS on reactive works or small works or maintenance or facilities management
- Health & Safety awareness
- IT literate particularly Excel – to include pivot tables and data manipulation
- Great at working in a team
Job posted in: Building Services Maintenance Jobs