Associate Director – Mechanical Building Services Job, Abu Dhabi
Associate Director – Mechanical Building Services
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Salary: up to 55,000 AED per month + benefits
Industry: MEP Design
If you consider yourself to be among the top tier of mechanical building services design engineers in the world and are interest in furthering your career by moving to, or locally within the UAE, Energi People have the opportunity for you!
A rare & very exciting career opportunity for an Associate Director – Mechanical Building Services, has arisen within one of the world’s most highly regarded international engineering consultancies.
The Associate Director – Mechanical Building Services, is a critical role to lead the MEP design team on an array of projects across the MENA region, including GIGA projects in KSA.
Key success areas in this Associate Director – Mechanical Building Services role are Project Leadership, Business Development, technical excellence and business leadership.
Candidates must come from a hands-on mechanical building services, MEP Design background. This is not a site role.
Your New Employer
Your new employer is a global leader in the built environment with one of the most impressive portfolios of giga projects from the US to UK, MENA and APAC. Sectors span data centres, giga projects in KSA & the UAE, healthcare, very large residential complexes, high-rise and commercial.
Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement, and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about holistic design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability services across the globe.
If you’ve got potential and want to push the boundaries of design, they will help you achieve it!
Main responsibilities of Associate Director – Mechanical Building Services
- Key point of contact for clients on projects acting as PD. Significant responsibility for managing & developing client relationships (new and existing)
- Line management responsibility for an existing, high performing team
- Delegation and supervision of work within project teams, and the provision of advice, guidance and coaching
- Prepare fee proposal documents and fee calculations, for sign-off.
- Establish design concepts to ensure that designs are appropriate, deliverable and consistent with the client’s brief
- Review and verify designs produced by direct reports and/or other team members, providing feedback as required and signing off designs before they leave the Practice
- Follow project management and QA procedures.
Qualifications and experience for Associate Director – Mechanical Building Services role
- Mechanical Engineering qualification at bachelors’ level or higher
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience within the building services design industry and a proven track record in working for international design consultancies.
- Chartered Engineer (ideal)
- Previous experience in the MENA region desirable but not essential
- Proven experience across the project life cycle
- Proven experience of managing projects and delivering to time & budgetary deadlines, whilst complying with operational and other procedures
- Proven ability to manage resourcing requirements on projects and to coordinate the input of others from within and outside the team
- Broad and deep technical knowledge in mechanical building services, plus demonstrable understanding of other disciplines
- Proven ability to negotiate and agree commercially appropriate fee arrangements and appointment terms
- Excellent skills to build and develop relationships with clients
- Demonstrable understanding of issues of commercial and contractual risk
- Proven ability and commitment to coaching and development of less experienced staff
The next steps to apply for the Associate Director – Mechanical Building Services role
Simply click apply with your updated CV and contact details & I will personally call you for a confidential discussion. We will explore your current situation, skill set and career aspirations along with discussing this role and the client in more detail.
I will then speak to my client and share your CV for review. Interviews will be held via MS Teams for candidates outside UAE and face to face for candidates residing in the UAE.
To apply for this fantastic Associate Director – Mechanical Building Services job opportunity, please contact James Mowat, director, Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our built environment consultancy team have more than 20 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within MENA region, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team.
James Mowat was recently a Judge at this year’s MEP Middle East Awards, a real statement of recognition of our commitment, presence, and dedication to the MENA Built environment Industry