Associate Mechanical Engineer – Data Centres Job, London
Associate Mechanical Engineer – Data Centres
Do you consider yourself to be in the top tier of mechanical building services engineers in our industry & have data centre experience?
Are you in a role with a glass ceiling, struggling to be recognised for your hard work, progress and efforts? If this sounds like you, please read on as I have an incredible opportunity, that I’d love to discuss with you……..
An international MEP Consultancy is seeking an experienced Associate Mechanical Engineer – Data Centres, to be based in their London office with natural gravitas & the ability to inspire others. You will currently be undertaking a lead role in detailed design and management with skills and experience in mission critical and data centre projects. You will have a proven track record in project management delivery for large scale projects in the UK or overseas.
The consultancy are an International MEP Consultancy with offices throughout the UK, Middle East & Asia. I have recruited for this excellent International MEP Consultant for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for a hugely collaborative culture, staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction. They are incredibly passionate about sustainable design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability solutions across the globe.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, a wealth of experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships and business development of my clients growing sector portfolio.
Possessing excellent commercial and entrepreneurial awareness, you must be able to identify and develop new opportunities for the business, in addition to having expert technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the sector portfolios. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 year’s industry experience.
Role Responsibilities – Associate Mechanical Engineer – Data Centres
- Responsible for running of Major projects. Takes Team Management role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (majority of building types)
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- BEng in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer status
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Experience of data centre or other mission critical projects
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract & business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of bs standards/ UK regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please contact James Mowat, Associate Director of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 40 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within the UK & Internationally, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team.