Bid Manager Job, City of London
We have a new requirement for a Bid Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London, EC1. For further information about this position, please apply.
The job purpose is to interrogate and interpret typical suite of contract documents, identifying responsibilities, deliverables, demarcation points, time critical items, consequences for failure, undesirable and risk elements to both project and company.
You will be reporting into the Pre Construction Director, you will be responsible for Bid Administrators and you will be working with Estimating, Commercial, Procurement, Design and E&AM engineers.
Main duties are as follows:
- Lead and manage work winning meetings/tenders with estimating, design and commercial staff to ensure proposals are produced on schedule and result in successful outcomes.
- Identify innovative solutions for the delivery of projects Attend pre-contract and handover meetings in conjunction with senior commercial staff.
- Continuously review department processes and resources to assess suitability to achieve the aims of the department.
- Manage the implementation of approved change and process improvement resulting from the above.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Business Development; fully inform, assess and report on workload planning and deadlines for submissions.
- Maintain good working relationships with other departments with whom the department interacts, including, Design, Energy Solutions, Project Engineering, Commercial and Quality departments to ensure that resourcing of workload in general as well proposal specific contribution is received as required to meet proposals demand.
- Ensure inter department contributions for tender proposals are assessed, advised, monitored, and delivered / received in good time and to a satisfactory quality.
- Coordinate inter departmental input, arrange relevant meetings, tender reviews and sign offs
- Perform strategic evaluation of all incoming tender enquiries including identification of profit improvement plans, review assess and report on Risk and competition.
- Liaise with Senior management to agree the approach to each tender / proposal
- Lead proposal submissions including the review of prime cost estimates as well as performing and managing the review, editing, collation and compilation of all submissions.
- Ensure that all proposals are properly approved prior to submission.
- Prepare and present proposals to prospective clients.
- Accumulate and maintain a high standard of tender submission material.
- Undertake post tender reviews, derive lessons learnt and feedback to the relevant departmental teams.
- Ensure that quality management systems and required recorded details of all proposals are maintained.
- Produce reports.
- Engage with potential clients to build relationships and work as a key member or leader of the bid team.
- Promote and comply with the Company’s policies on equality and health and safety both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
- Engage with your manager in reviewing your performance and planning your development.
If this sounds like an opportunity you could be interested, please apply. Alternatively, please call Portia Hotchkiss on 01252413086.