Bid Manager Job, England
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead the overall bids process and bids team to facilitate successful tenders across all BV service lines and business units
- Oversee the writing of tenders and ensure BV responds to all proposals in a competitive and timely manner
- Management and upkeep of all bid materials / bids library / case studies and SharePoint sites and trackers
- Management and upkeep of key portals and membership subscriptions
- Host and facilitate the weekly internal governance (Strategic Opportunity Approval) call – co-ordinating and collaborating with all key internal stakeholders
- Monthly Reporting: collate and communicate information from the Bid Tracker and updates won/lost information per month for each business unit (BU).
- Line management of bid team, managing overall performance and building competence and capability
- Line management of the customer excellence role to ensure customer surveys are actioned, the information / NPS (Net Promoter Score) is promoted throughout the business and the information is used to support bid activity and the work we provide.
- Line management responsibilities for the customer excellence team leader.
- Ensure effective communication with team members and hold regular and structured team meetings to ensure goals are clear and progress is communicated.
- Bid budget experience.
- Bid writing, editing, collating technical information and preparing response documents.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders:
- Communicate requirements, deadlines and expectations
- Identify and co-ordinate all required materials
- Ensure all bids are successfully submitted on time, with consistency and in a professional manner
- Generate management information for tender opportunities available along with won and lost analysis.
Experience & Skills Required
- The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills and have a keen eye for detail as well as taking pride in their work.
- You will be required to possess excellent communication and written skills, whilst being methodical and commercially aware.
- Tender / bid management experience in a similar position within an organisation that regularly supply services to large corporate clients.
- Can quickly develop a deep understanding of the commercial and operational aspects of the BV business.
- Can provide the business with the knowledge they need in order to write bids and select the best-suited contributors that can enhance the bid with their own knowledge and functional expertise
- Strong track record of writing tender responses from scratch; at times gathering and editing other contributors’ work.
- Experience in senior bid proposal management and have operated at senior leadership level, managing relationships to strategically develop and grow the function and our bid offering.
- Highly results focused and commercially aware, you’ll need to think creatively and will have the ability to understand client requirements.
- Exposure to public and private sector bids and tenders highly desirable