BMS Engineer Job, Horsham
A leading independent BMS company have a fantastic opportunity for a BMS Service Engineer to join their team, covering the South of England & London.
The ideal candidate will have experience servicing and maintaining BMS systems, knowledge of BMS software (TREND), system commissioning, fault finding, complaint resolution and reporting.
As the BMS Service engineer you will provide the scheduled service of client BMS systems including onsite planned preventative maintenance, panel modifications as required, offsite technical support, system hardware testing, innovate new software applications, emergency call out service on a rotational basis. On completion of your work, you will provide client reports detailing service works or client callouts.
You will be working closely with your Line manager, Administrative team and other team Managers to ensure that we meet our internal and client KPI targets.
· PPM & Scheduled servicing. This includes Software backups and point to point testing.
· 2nd Line technical support to clients (off site) – assisting with technical queries and solutions.
· In hours call outs and breakdowns – show confidence in attending all C/Os and show resolutions.
· Remedial and recommended works
· Provide client reports in a timely manner detailing service works or client call outs.
· Carry out panel modifications on site as required (small projects works).
· Carry out panel modifications on site as required (Service Job Works).
- Knowledge of Tier 1 system (Trend) IT packages
· Software build experience (Preferably BMS, Telco or industrial)
· Site servicing/commissioning experience
· Good/Excellent computer literacy
· Use of Microsoft Packages
· Good Customer Service Skills
· Good Time Keeping
· Knowledge of a customer service/helpdesk environment
· Knowledge of helpdesk operations
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal
· Effective problem-solving skills
· Team player with a desire to help others
· Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
· Willingness to learn new systems and technologies
· Can work to challenging deadlines
· Attention to detail
Process improvement models Working knowledge of one or all the following would be a distinct advantage:
· BMS / BEMS preferably one or more of the following (Tridium, Trend, Schneider, Siemens, Distech)
· Working within an electrical engineering discipline.
· Facilities Management Experience
· Knowledge of BMS/HVAC applications
· Customer Service Industry Standards
· Development skills would be an advantage.
The role is primarily field based with shifts running from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The company operates a 24/7 service Monday to Sunday and all service staff are required to undertake on call duties on a rotational basis.