BREEAM Assessor Job, Berkshire
My client a building services and sustainability consultancy has an immediate requirement for an experienced BREEAM Assessor to join their team.
Purpose of job:
- Undertake as an BRE licensed Assessor, Sustainability Assessments; manage and deliver throughout the life of each project using the latest BREEAM assessment procedure through to present:
- BREEAM 2018 New Construction Commercial – Includes Office, Retail and Industrial
- BREEAM 2018 New Construction Multi-Residential – Includes Residential care Homes, Student Accommodation
- BREEAM 2018 New Construction Other Buildings – Includes hotels, hostels (short stay residential), Cinema’s
- BREEAM 2014 Non-Domestic Refurbishment and Fit-out – Includes Office refurbishments, office fit-out, Retail and Industrial, other buildings, etc.
- BREEAM 2014 Domestic Refurbishment – Refurbishment and conversion of existing residential dwellings (i.e. change of use – Office to Residential) or splitting in apartments
- BREEAM AP (Accredited Profession) – During design and construction
- Undertake Pre-assessment, Design Stage & Post Construction stage assessments through to certification.
- Provide sustainability related consultancy to clients and design teams. Manage fee quotes in a structured manner, using in house fee structure.
- Overall responsibility for delivering BREEAM Assessments from pre-assessment to final certification
- Supporting the design and construction teams in completing and collating the required BREEAM evidence required for certification by the BRE
- Undertake the sustainable design, analysis and consultancy for a variety of buildings
- Exploring multiple options and summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each * Working as part of multidisciplinary team, organising and chairing meetings with the wider design team
- Attending both internal and external presentations, presenting where appropriate * Produce reports to design team and BRE
- Engage effectively with the BRE quality assurance procedures
- Assist the directors with bid preparations
- Assist the engineers with integrating the BREEAM requirements into design
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and to the appropriate level of detail
- Keeping others informed of progress on projects and any concerns
- Undertake Life Cycle Analysis (Embodied Carbon Reports)
- Production of Fee quotations for Sustainability services, having a good understanding of time required to complete tasks relative to each fee.
- To undertake Sustainability Assessments to meet local and national Planning requirements and the GLA.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Director, for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Chair sustainability review meetings within the design team, providing advice how commercially to best achieve the targets set out.
- Act as the Sustainability Champion for projects and within the practice.
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor- 2014 or 2018 accredited New Construction and Refurbishment (non Domestic)
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor (Domestic refurbishment)
- Ideally you will be a Graduate member to a relevant professional institute
- Awareness of broader sustainability issues (e.g. life Cycle Analysis & Costing, passive design, health & wellbeing, post-occupancy evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.)
- Awareness of tasks on projects from conception to handover
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage various projects at different stages.
- Willingness to learn a variety of different sustainability assessment methods e.g. BREEAM, LEED, WELL, etc, and/or modelling software
- Work with our MEP engineers to carry out concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on-site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with sustainability design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to facilitate the process of sustainability measures. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks with a bias towards sustainability.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of repeat business and achieve 100% Customer Satisfaction.
- Pursue new business opportunities, where appropriate, with existing and new clients.
- When acting as project team leader, co-ordinate with other project disciplines.
- Assist Directors with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
Experience & Qualifications
- BREEAM Assessor Qualifications (as above)
- Experience of taking BREEAM assessments through to certification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience – technically competent.
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Understand client requirements/objectives
- Thorough knowledge of the sustainability related statutory legislation, standards, and drivers in the construction industry.