My client an award winning building services and sustainability consultancy has an immediate requirement for an experienced BREEAM Assessor to join their team. The successful candidate would be responsible for carrying out BREEAM assessments from inception to completion of the project. They will be supporting the wider construction teams on projects in collating and completing the required BREEAM evidence for certification.
Purpose of job:
- Undertake as an BRE licensed Assessor, Sustainability Assessments; manage and deliver throughout the life of each project using the latest BREEAM assessment procedure through to present:
- BREEAM 2018 New Construction Commercial – Includes Office, Retail and Industrial
- BREEAM 2018 New Construction Multi-Residential – Includes Residential care Homes, Student Accommodation
- BREEAM 2018 New Construction Other Buildings – Includes hotels, hostels (short stay residential), Cinema’s
- BREEAM 2014 Non-Domestic Refurbishment and Fit-out – Includes Office refurbishments, office fit-out, Retail and Industrial, other buildings, etc.
- BREEAM 2014 Domestic Refurbishment – Refurbishment and conversion of existing residential dwellings (i.e. change of use – Office to Residential) or splitting in apartments
- BREEAM AP (Accredited Profession) – During design and construction
- Undertake Pre-assessment, Design Stage & Post Construction stage assessments through to certification.
- Provide sustainability related consultancy to clients and design teams. Manage fee quotes in a structured manner, using in house fee structure.
- Overall responsibility for delivering BREEAM Assessments from pre-assessment to final certification
- Supporting the design and construction teams in completing and collating the required BREEAM evidence required for certification by the BRE
- Undertake the sustainable design, analysis and consultancy for a variety of buildings
- Exploring multiple options and summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each * Working as part of multidisciplinary team, organising and chairing meetings with the wider design team
- Attending both internal and external presentations, presenting where appropriate * Produce reports to design team and BRE
- Engage effectively with the BRE quality assurance procedures
- Assist the directors with bid preparations
- Assist the engineers with integrating the BREEAM requirements into design
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and to the appropriate level of detail
- Keeping others informed of progress on projects and any concerns
- Undertake Life Cycle Analysis (Embodied Carbon Reports)
- Production of Fee quotations for Sustainability services, having a good understanding of time required to complete tasks relative to each fee.
- To undertake Sustainability Assessments to meet local and national Planning requirements and the GLA.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Director, for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Chair sustainability review meetings within the design team, providing advice how commercially to best achieve the targets set out.
- Act as the Sustainability Champion for projects and within the practice.
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor- 2014 or 2018 accredited New Construction and Refurbishment (non Domestic)
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor (Domestic refurbishment)
- Ideally you will be a Graduate member to a relevant professional institute
- Awareness of broader sustainability issues (e.g. life Cycle Analysis & Costing, passive design, health & wellbeing, post-occupancy evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.)
- Awareness of tasks on projects from conception to handover
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage various projects at different stages.
- Willingness to learn a variety of different sustainability assessment methods e.g. BREEAM, LEED, WELL, etc, and/or modelling software
- Work with our MEP engineers to carry out concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on-site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with sustainability design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to facilitate the process of sustainability measures. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks with a bias towards sustainability.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of repeat business and achieve 100% Customer Satisfaction.
- Pursue new business opportunities, where appropriate, with existing and new clients.
- When acting as project team leader, co-ordinate with other project disciplines.
- Assist Directors with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
Experience & Qualifications
- BREEAM Assessor Qualifications (as above)
- Experience of taking BREEAM assessments through to certification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience – technically competent.
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Understand client requirements/objectives
- Thorough knowledge of the sustainability related statutory legislation, standards, and drivers in the construction industry.
In return they offer a very attractive salary package.
Job posted in: Building Services Sustainability Jobs
- Surrey, England
- breeam assessor SAP part L sustainability energy building services
Important Job Skills
- £35000 - £40000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Sustainability Jobs