Building Automation Engineer Job, London
We have a current opportunity for a Building Automation Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with demonstrable knowledge of HVAC control applications, building management systems and electrical power management systems to join the team at their office in London.
They are seeking a Building Automation Engineer experienced in the design, installation, and commissioning of the control systems to become a part of their Building Automation team.
Previous consultancy experience would be an advantage, but not essential.
The successful candidate will collaborate with all key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in all aspects of Building Automation.
A thorough understanding of mechanical systems, electrical systems and IP networking is essential. This person shall be detail oriented, possess strong organisational skills and be a self-starter that can excel with little direction.
Responsibilities will include:
* Reviewing and reporting on existing installations
* Creating controls systems strategies, designs, and specifications for tender and construction (including project specifications, points schedules, network architectures, P&IDs, layouts, etc.)
* Reviewing and commenting on contractor proposals and designs
* Collaborating with multiple teams across different disciplines
* Working simultaneously on multiple projects, in a team or independently with little to no oversight.
You will ideally have an HND or degree in a relevant Engineering subject and have previous experience in a similar role. You will be able to demonstrate experience with control system design.
You will have knowledge of:
* Thermodynamics / Fluid Mechanics
* Electrical systems and schematics
* Mechanical systems and schematics
* DDC and PLC architectures and networks
* BACnet, Modbus and KNX protocols (ideally MQTT)
Strong organisational and communicative skills are required, as well as the ability to establish smooth working relationships.
If you think the above sounds like you then please get in touch for further information!