Business Unit Director – Structural & Civil Engineering Job, Birmingham
Business Unit Director – Structural & Civil Engineering
Do you have extensive experience working within the Structural & Civil Engineering industry?
Are you looking to take the next step in your career and join an established team of National Managers to drive this consultancy forward?
As the Business Unit Director, you will be leading the Birmingham Team, focusing on developing and growing the office to deliver a wide range of significant projects in the region.
Acting as a positive disrupter, you will mentor your team and act as a role model, encouraging them and supporting their development throughout their career.
As a key Senior Manager within the company, you will be responsible for improving collaboration across the business, driving innovation and quality, technical delivery oversight and developing work winning strategies.
Established over 60 years ago, this excellent consultancy has built up a fantastic name within the Structural & Civil Engineering industry with 14 offices across the UK and Ireland and a brilliant project portfolio to match.
Being a 100% employee-owned trust means you’ll become part of the ownership structure as soon as you join. The company prides themselves on looking after their people and ensuring their career and well-being comes first with a stand-out benefit package and internal progression routes.
Working across a range of sectors, this consultancy give you the best of both, with the family feel of a smaller consultancy but the project range to challenge the larger international corporations. You will get the chance to continue to drive this company forward and have a direct impact on the direction this office, and others, take.
To be the successful Business Unit Director, you will need to:
- Possess a sound understanding of both Project Level and Business Unit financial management.
- Be a Chartered Engineer with sufficient post-chartered experience and a good technical knowledge of civil and structural engineering design.
- Be adept at Resource Management and an eye for developing new contacts and opportunities in addition to managing the existing client base.
- Have experience mentoring and developing people with a focus on driving the team forward and embedding a creative and supportive culture.
- Be a team player and motivator of a diverse team, communicate well and be a champion of the company’s core values.
To apply for this Business Unit Director – Structural & Civil Engineering job, please contact Matt Dade, Recruitment Consultant of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.