CAD Technician Job, Hampshire
An established Building Services company has built it’s business up over the years, through client recommendation. Over the last 20 years, they have grown to be the key provider in offering a fully comprehensive package to suit all Building Services requirements from Design, Installation, Facilities Management, Consultancy, Maintenance, Training, and M&E Engineering Services.
They offer a fantastic salary, benefits package, great company culture and career development. Their projects range from £500k to £15+ million within a number of sectors such as Commercial, Industrial, Luxury Residential and High-End Projects. They are currently looking for a CAD Technician to be based from home or on site.
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied
- use a variety of CAD software programmes to create designs in 2D and 3D models
- liaise with architects, engineers and designers to understand their design requirements and provide technical advice to manufacturing and construction technicians
- provide accurate, detailed and to scale drawings
- ensure drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols
- conduct site visits and surveys when required
- present working drawings for use in all stages of the project, tender, manufacture/construction and installation
- produce installation and manufacturing documentation
- maintain accurate records.
Skills and Requirements
- knowledge of engineering principles and ability to create and read technical drawings
- IT skills and experience using computer-aided design software such as Auto-cad
- the ability to transfer, display and manipulate your work using Microsoft Office and other programmes
- attention to detail to create accurate and detailed drawings
- communication skills and relationship building to work with clients and other engineers and architects to understand and interpret their designs
- teamwork – essential to be able to work in a team as you’ll be liaising with other CAD technicians and draughts persons on projects
- organisation and time management to complete work to project deadlines
- a flexible approach to decision making, to make changes to drawings at short notice
- mathematical skills to complete calculations and estimates
- spatial and design skills to be able to visualise projects in 2D and 3D
- problem solving, creativity and innovation in order to come up with solutions to design problems
- knowledge of health and safety requirements in order to design in line with industry standards.
If this sounds like a role you might be interested in, please send over your CV or call me on 01252413086 to find out more information.
t this position please apply.