Campus Lead Job, Hamburg
SW – 007 – 1053
Campus Lead (Project Director)
Data Centre MEP Project
Based in Mainland Europe
- Working for a leading Contractor
- Working on Rotation
- Excellent Salary, bonus and rotation package
- Running multi phased DC campus project
Key role must have’s:
- Strong Mechanical background + electrical understanding
- Superb client management skills
- Hyperscale data centre project experience
- Previous PM experience of multi million pound projects
- 15yrs+ industry experience
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent package with further flexibility for the right fit
- Chance to lead a project expected to be £140million+
- Primary project figurehead from start to final phase handover
- Career progression with a high tenure company
- Favourable rotation and in country package
- Excellent long term rewards and scope of progression
Headline of the Campus Lead (Project Director)
If you have experience of delivering data centre projects in a contractor/client rep capacity, or previous project management experience overseeing hyperscale phased data centre construction projects, then this role will be a perfect fit for you.
Joining the data centre team of a leading European contractor as Project Director, you will deliver a multi phased M+E European data centre project which could exceed £140million.
About the Campus Lead (Project Director)
As the Project Director your key measurable will be to successfully deliver a phased data centre MEP project by not just overseeing all varying sector Project Managers and their teams. But also working as the client point of contact from the very first initial project brief to the final warranty handover. During the project you will also work closely with the Operations Director to endeavour all elements of the data centre project are coordinated and delivered.
As Project Director you will enter a role where you will engage with a hyperscale client to oversee a project brief, turning it from conception into reality, working closely with the client’s partners design teams and awarded contractors. Other key deliverables will be to manage all aspects of the:
- Project start-up phase
- Project running phase
- Project completion phase
Client expectations will be high, and as a strong Project Director you will not only deliver the pre-con expectations but also the subsequent site deliverables on behalf of your new employer; a leading contractor operating in the European MEP data centre market.
Excellent project management, people and communication skills will be paramount as will your ability to control and oversee all elements of your project.
Key skills of the ideal Campus Lead (Project Director)
- Mechanical building services qualification, degree or recognised trade certification
- 15 – 20yrs industry experience
- Experience of delivering mechanical scopes with a good electrical understanding
- Experience of working on projects valued at £50million+
- Solid experience in delivering data centre or mission critical projects; ideally Hyperscale
- Experience in delivering data centre projects as the lead Project Manager or Project Director
- Experience managing data centre projects from conception through to completion
- You should be a well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
- You will also have the technical know-how to seamlessly work with the data centre client, their design team, specialist consultants and the MEP’s contractor teams as you all work together to deliver multiple data centre flagship projects.
- The key technical knowledge required will be discussed, but if you have the track record of working on data centre projects or affiliated mission-critical projects, your knowledge will already meet the client’s key requirements.
- Information on the rotation package and allowance will also be discussed at application
Energi DC specialise in working within the global Data Centre Construction sector where we work with companies who own, consultant, build, install and maintain the services of data centres around the globe. In addition to the advertised role we also place construction and MEP: Construction Directors | Project Directors | Project Managers | Senior Site Managers | Quantity Surveyors | Estimators | Commissioning Managers | Cost Managers | Planning Manager