Civil/Structural Engineer Job, London
£32,000 to £45,000
Civil/Structural Maritime Engineer
Our client is a leading consultancy with a global reach working on major Ports and Maritime projects. Due to a significant pickup in work load our client is looking to hire a Civil/Structural Engineer on a permanent basis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients and staff to determine their requirements and produce design solutions
- Preparation of technical specifications and documents
- Reviewing / commenting on third party and contractor designs
- Site supervision and monitoring
- Preparation of reports / design studies
The job would suit a confident team player with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritise.
The role will involve some foreign travel. This will normally be for short durations of a few days to attend progress / design meetings.
Desired key skills and experience:
- Knowledge of structural engineering infrastructure design steel design and concrete structures
- A minimum of 5 years design experience
- UK driving license
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Experience in design of quay or bridge structures
- Experience in concrete structures
- Experience in building design
- Experience in preparing project cost estimates
- Experience in preparation of specifications
Experience in port/marine infrastructure design will be beneficial