As the appointed SQS you will work closely with the Commercial Manager in a number of projects across Highways, Rail, and Station Redevelopments.
The company have recently had a surge in tender wins supporting local authorities and HS2 across a number of projects to include Highways, Rail and Civil Engineering Projects.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be expected to lead, coordinate and support the wider team on all commercial aspects which will include procurement strategies, payment management, managing client expectations, producing Cost Value Comparison statements to aid in cash flow and forecasting, change control to maximize value and minimize risk.
- Measure & interpret specifications & drawings
- Ensure that cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Review weekly, monthly, section programmes of works and revise forecasts accordingly
- Plan commercial activities to meet requirements of section programmes
- Ensure that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Production of monthly cost reports and presenting them to Senior Management for analysis
- Ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner
- Supervision of the team including adequate planning, monitoring and control
Experience and Educational background:
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- RICS accredited
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting
- Practical knowledge of forms of contract
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast
- Previous experience with COINS
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors
- Knowledge of the procurement of sub-contractors
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors with little supervision
- Knowledge of effective cost allocation management
Please apply below or contact Laura Stephenson for further information on: 01252 413 080.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Civil Engineering Recruitment and have a range of posts available.
Job posted in: Civil Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- £90000 - £110000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Civil Infrastructure Engineer Jobs