Commercial Gas Engineer Job, Cornwall
A well known and established facilities maintenance company are looking for a Commercial Gas Engineer to join their team in Cornwall. The Commercial Gas Engineer will carry out HVCA, planned maintenance (PPMs), reactive works M&E repairs and able to carry out minor projects for specific trade associated systems (ie ACoPs) to a high level standard in accordance with the SFG20 or manufacturers recommendations.
- PPM in adherence to set HVCA engineering standards of excellence. All in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act requirement and to company safety procedures and contract specification.
- Respond to reactive works to include all Mechanical & Electrical and minor fabric issues.
- Adhere to the out of hours call out rota (as required).
- Correct and timely completion of paperwork according to company policy and procedure.
- Provide engineering condition reports and quotations.
- Logbook auditing, tablet interface via the clients CAFM application.
- Good customer interface skills.
Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrate competence in all areas of your primary trade (with valid certification)
- Delivery of service excellence
- Reasonable understanding and a proactive approach to the following other trade skills:
Mechanical skill bias with basic electrical knowledge.
Miscellaneous: meter reading; emergency light testing; water temperature recording; alarm testing.
Qualifications / Person Specification
ACOPs in commercial Gas elements.
Reasonable competence or a basic understanding of the other trades where certification permits and qualified in AC & electrical Installations and Test & Inspection Requirements
Minor building/fabric items; controls/hydraulics/pneumatics as requested when necessary