Commercial Gas Engineer Job, Romford
A new opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Gas Engineer working for a leading Building Services and Facilities Management company in London. They are a well-established family run, privately owned business that have been running for over 55 years.
The Commercial Gas Engineer will be located around East London and Essex and will be responsible for maintaining services by delivering planned and reactive maintenance to an agreed programme, budget and quality within the company’s operational targets.
The work will predominately be in places of learning, worship and sheltered accommodation, therefore your ability to deliver great customer service to a diverse client base is essential.
- To carry out inspections, diagnose faults, fit parts and carry out repairs.
- Testing and commissioning of equipment.
- To undertake gas servicing, repairs and maintenance.
- To carry out other maintenance, repairs and remedial works as directed.
- Responsible for the delivery of planned commitments to the client, ensuring agreed KPI’s and service levels are being met.
- Provide technical support and advice.
- Relevant experience of working in the commercial gas industry and dealing with the general public.
- Knowledge of Plumbing & Commercial Gas Engineering
- Repairs, Servicing, Maintenance and Installation
- Experience as a suitably qualified heating/gas service engineer working in commercial and/or domestic premises
- A working knowledge of heating distribution and ventilation system is essential, as the majority of works will be within plant rooms with all associated equipment.
- Experience with routine maintenance of associated plant items such as pumps, heat changers, pressure vessels and valves.
CCN1 Gas Safety ESSENTIAL
CEN1 Gas boiler install service and commission ESSENTIAL
HTR1 Gas fires ESSENTIAL
CPA1 Gas flue analyser ESSENTIAL
WAT1 Water Heaters
UDHW Unvented Domestic Hot Water
CODNCO1 Changeover Domestic – Commercial NG ESSENTIAL
COCN1 Core Commercial Gas Safety ESSENTIAL
CORT1 Overhead Radiant Heaters ESSENTIAL
CIGA1 Indirect Fired Commercial Appliances ESSENTIAL
ICPN1 Installation of Commercial Pipework ESSENTIAL
CDGA1 Direct Fired Commercial Appliances ESSENTIAL
TPCP1A Testing & Purging of Pipework ESSENTIAL
LPG qualified Desirable
TPCP1 Testing & Purging Desirable
- £42,000 – £45,000 + overtime + callout
- 22 days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays (rises with service)
- Birthday Off (after 1 year of service)
- Pension Scheme with salary sacrifice scheme of 4% Employer contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service benefit 4x Salary
- Van, Fuel Card, Phone, PDA and PPE