SW – 007 – 1048
Consultancy Cost Manager
Data Centre Projects
MEP or M&E experience required
London based working on European data centre projects
Headline of the Consultancy Cost Manager (PQS) role
Working for a global costs consultancy, you will join one of their European new build data centre, retrofit or live extension data centre projects.
The consultancy already has a great global DC footprint and has been a major player within the data centre market for some time, working with a plethora of data centre clients on their European projects.
A background of data centre projects is not essential but it will certainly help you hit the ground running. If you do not have data centre experience you must show a strong level of technical experience through previously working on M&E or MEP projects.
London based, but working on particular DC projects, you will be able to use your full depth of commercial experience to work with some exciting clients as you navigate them through the different aspects of data centre projects.
About the Consultancy Cost Manager
My client is keen to utilise the skills and expertise of an experienced Cost Manager who has worked on other European data centre projects. They would consider someone who has only worked within the UK, but if you have a feel for the European data centre market you will fit more effortlessly into this growing team
The ideal candidate will bring a strong background of:
- Working on the conceptual feasibility of data centre projects
- Pre and post contract negotiation
Data Centre projects can vary in size and value so the ideal candidate will possess a varied project knowledge and knowhow that they can bring to the team.
Key must haves of the Consultancy Cost Manager
- Chartered with RICS or equivalent
- QS degree qualified
- Experience of working on M&E or MEP projects
- Ideally UK or European data centre project experience
- Experience of NEC / FIDIC or JCT contracts
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Previous cost consultancy experience
Some of the key responsibilities of the Consultancy Cost Manager
- Pre and post contract management and negotiation
- Tendering and review
- Contract creation, execution and review
- Forecast and monitoring of cash flow/accruals
- Close monitoring and review of contractor payments
- Chair regular client meetings to review the client’s budgets producing plans and estimates
- Final accounting and claims
- Achieve value for money and commercial success for the client
If you are interested in this Consultancy Cost Manager role, please do not hesitate to apply.
On application a further technical discussion on the role and key experience, skills and duties can be held. Please be aware that the current project is based in Europe and further project wins could be across the EU. With this in mind, the ideal candidate must be comfortable working away from home if not based in country.
Energi DC specialises in working within the Data Centre construction sector where we work with companies who build, construct and install the services of data centres around the globe. In addition to the advertised role we also place construction and MEP: Construction Directors | Project Directors | Project Managers | Senior Site Managers | Quantity Surveyors | Estimators | Commissioning Managers | Cost Manager | Planners
Reference ID: SW – 007 – 1048
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job posted in: Commercial Management Jobs
- London (London, England)
- Data Center | Data Centre | Mission Critical | PQS | Quantity Surveyor | Commercial | M&E | MEP
Important Job Skills
- £80000 - £120000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Commercial Management Jobs