Contract Civil Site Inspector (Land works and Utilities) Job, Stanford-Le-Hope
Contract Civil Site Inspector (Land works and Utilities)
Contract (Outside IR35)
c£250 p/d Ltd
Contract Civil Site Inspector
A Contract Civil Site Inspector is required for a 6-to-12-month contract on site in East London working on a major heavy civils and infrastructure project.
The role is site based where you will be assisting in the construction of various heavy civil and infrastructure elements of the project i.e. pavements, drainage, underground services, roads and utilities.
Previous experience of working on heavy civils-based projects will be a requirement for the successful applicant. Any previous experience on working on either Ports, Harbour or Maritime projects would be extremely beneficial.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Work under the supervision of the Site Engineer and follow his/her directions
- Monitoring of ongoing construction and testing activities.
- Perform inspections of concrete/steel works carried-out by the Contractor.
- Perform inspections of pavement works and the associated pavement furniture installation / line marking application carried-out by the Contractor.
- Perform inspections of utilities/services installation carried-out by the Contractor.
- Review and monitor ongoing construction and testing activities.
- Provide feedback to the Site Engineer / Resident Engineer following site inspections if any issue arise.
- Review and comment on contractor technical submissions such as Risk Assessments, Method statements, Inspection and Test Plans, As-Builts, Commissioning Reports, etc.
- Attend and participate in onsite meetings with the site team.
- Ensure that the Contractor complies with their own H&S system
- Ensure the Contractor adhere to procedures set out in the testing plan.
- Provide input to daily / weekly / monthly reports prepared by the Site Engineer.
- Maintain earthworks/pavement/utilities logs as required
- Review Contractor’s payment applications and provide feedback to the Site Engineer / Resident Engineer.
- Provide input on Contractor’s claims to the Site Engineer as required.
- Keep site diary, take photos and other site records as required.
- Report to the Site Engineer and the Resident Engineer on all site-related observations.
Our client can start the right individual immediately.
This role is deemed Outside IR35, so a Ltd Company can be used.
On offer is a rate of c£250 p/d Ltd.
For more information on this role please contact Nick Rothery at Energi People.