Energi People have an exciting contract opportunity for a highly motivated Contract Senior / Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to join one of our long standing global clients, based within my clients established & growing Plymouth office.
As a Contract Senior/Principal Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed and profitability is achieved.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and internationally. You will take the lead on small projects up to the value of £10million, and support larger projects, with values of £250million+. Projects span across sectors including Residential, Commercial, Retail and Further Education.
My client is open to Contract Senior / Principal Mechanical Design Engineer s, on a long term contract basis for the Plymouth office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- You will have the opportunity to lead Mechanical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office.
- Projects span a cross section of sectors including Science and Research Laboratories, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, and high end mixed use developments.
What We Are Looking For
- REVIT MEP experience is essential as the majority of my clients projects are being designed in REVIT.
- Excellent technical knowledge in Mechanical Design Engineering is essential.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Previous consultancy experience with Mechanical building services Design & Specification
- You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent communication skills both internal and external clients, and a team-based work approach, you will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects.
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
- Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or close to
Please contact James Mowat from Energi People to apply. An initial telephone interview will be conducted followed by a technical face to face interview in my clients Bournemouth office.
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs