Contracts Manager Job, London
A well-established Maintenance Company based in London are looking for a Contracts Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will support the client by providing on-site day-to-day management and supervision of the Maintenance Contract for a prestigious client in central London.
The Contracts Manager will be customer focused, highly organised and have experience of working on a multi-site estate.
The Contracts Manager will be accountable for the leadership and management of a team of building fabric technicians, painters and 3rd party suppliers.
Supporting the operational activities of the client, including planned and reactive maintenance, statutory compliance, and preparations for functions.
The role is responsible for leading, motivating, developing, supporting and managing the team of technicians. This will include training identification, updating and monitoring on safety performance and ensuring key business information and messages are cascaded in a timely and accurate manner.
- To support the client by overseeing and managing the day-to-day resourcing of planned and reactive maintenance works.
- To manage the team of nine and allocate resources daily to carry out maintenance task orders raised through the helpdesk.
- To supervise and review work to ensure that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained, and that activities are completed on time, within budget and to agreed specifications, quality and safety standards.
- To ensure that standards of work and materials supplied are as specified and completed in accordance with specifications.
- To review KPI and SLA performance and deliver to target; identifying areas for improvement and driving improvement initiatives through the delivery teams, as well as analysing and presenting monthly reports and updates on contractual performance to the client.
Financial, Contract and Systems Management
- To be one of the main users of the CAFM system, ensuring that all documentation on the system is up to date and accurate.
- Delegate task orders to the team and ensure that these are updated as they progress and closed out within the allotted timescale.
- To provide a weekly report on job status to the client and to provide user feedback on the CAFM system to assist with improvements.
- To review work orders on a daily basis and maintain all necessary records to ensure that works undertaken are fully documented.
- To schedule materials required for works and be responsible for the procurement of all necessary items (quotes, placing orders and good receipts).
- In conjunction with the client, to liaise closely with stakeholders to ensure the service provided meets their needs and expectations and that the highest levels of customer service are delivered.
- Substantial property experience gained in an environment of occupied spaces. Experience of working on multi-site estate and with historic / listed buildings would be a real advantage.
- A sound technical understanding of building fabric maintenance and minor work together with CAFM experience are essential.
- A working knowledge of other hard services including mechanical and electrical will be desirable.
- Proven supervisory skills demonstrated through the supervision of in-house teams and contractor relationships.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of a Helpdesk
- Extensive experience in establishing and maintaining good stakeholder/customer relationships, with excellent communication skills and an approachable ‘can-do’ attitude
The core hours are 08.00-17.00 Monday to Friday.
Salary: Up to £55,000
Based on site in Central London