Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Design, programming and implementation of PLC software solutions.
- Design, programming and implementation of HMI and SCADA software.
- Selection of processing, communications and IO hardware to achieve required functionality.
- Assess the cost & time implications of design decisions and provide the sales department with technical, design and costing input and as required.
- Perform conceptual and / or detailed design of control and instrument systems.
- Produce functional specifications, software specifications and test procedures.
- Perform simulation testing, acceptance testing and provide client site commissioning, repair and upgrade services for control and instrument systems.
- Effectively liaise with team members, other departments and clients, to ensure accurate interpretation of project requirements.
- Provide clients with technical support throughout the equipment lifecycle.
- Effectively communicate and liaise with clients, suppliers & peers during normal day-to-day activities.
- Be familiar with the relevant APIs, & other industry standards (DNV, IECEx and ATEX), to a level necessary to guide the company in their application.
- Possess an excellent understanding of engineering principles & technologies applicable to the Oil & Gas Industry
- To actively follow the companies QA/Engineering procedures, policies & working instructions.
- General –
Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the company.
- PLC & SCADA programming skills Including Siemens Step-7 Classic, TIA Portal, Win CC.
- Working knowledge of industrial communications such as, ProfiBus, Modbus, ProfiNet, Industrial Ethernet, TCP/IP.
- Systems engineering background including generation of Functional Design Specifications, Software Design Specifications, I/O lists, etc.
- Familiarity with basic electrical circuitry and ability to read electrical schematics and use test equipment for fault finding and verification of PLC IO connections.
- Experience of PLC/ SCADA/ Databases platforms including AB, Stahl, Wago, iFix, Iconics/ OPC, SQL.
- Experience developing and producing software and engineering procedures and policies.
- Experience training/coaching people and developing training material.
- Familiarity with instrumentation such pressure/temperature transmitters, flowmeters, level sensors.
- Experience creating and editing electrical schematics.
- Experience working with and selecting hazardous area equipment in accordance with IECEx and ATEX directive.
- Previous oil industry and work offshore experience.
- Able to contribute ideas & help promote an environment of engineering excellence.
- Good communication skills
- Have a sound methodical approach to issues and problem-solving
If this is you then please send your CV over so we can discuss further.
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs