Data Architect – Portsmouth – £50,000 per annum
Candidates will be required to satisfy full UK SC Clearance
Our global defence client is looking for an accomplished Data Architect to join their Hampshire division in Portsmouth.
This role will provide you with the autonomy to help the organisation revolutionise the way they use data to be more efficient .
Your main responsibilities as a Data Architect will involve:
- Work with the Data Management discipline lead to define and deliver a foundation for Data Management
- Review existing high-level process and system architectures and propose a data architecture to support them
- Review existing data flows: where data is created, read, updated and deleted across all value streams and capture where realised in supporting systems
- Create and maintain a top-level model of the information scope mapped to the existing process and systems that provide and manipulate the data
- Identify ‘quick wins’ for optimising processes to reduce duplication, manual rework, known shortfalls or blind spots
- Recommend areas of the architecture where efficient optimisation of the business should be achieved
- Propose solutions to improve the flow of accurate information around the business
- Support the development of future bids by showing how good data management can contribute to efficiency and identifying specific target areas to deliver benefits.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Breadth of technical knowledge of an advanced knowledge of data access and database management technologies. (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, PL-SQL)
- A good understanding of architecture principles, presentation and communication skills
- Breadth of technical knowledge of IT security protocols and accreditation relevant to Defence operations
- Knowledge of the business needs and defence environment that drive the requirements for Information and Data Architecture.
- Ability to shape positive relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that requirements are met with practical solutions (both Team and Customers)
- Carry out clear communication to all levels of the business if required
- Ability to tailor communication to different levels of stakeholder (Junior, Middle, Senior Management)
Job posted in: Technical Support Engineer Jobs
- Portsmouth (Hampshire, England)
- Up to £50000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Technical Support Engineer Jobs