Data Scientist – up to £75,000 per annum – North Surrey
*Due to the nature of client and work candidates wishing to apply for the opportunity must either hold valid SC Clearance or be able to satisfy full UK Security Clearance.
A fantastic opportunity to work for a global organisation assisting with their government client
- Designing project specific analysis, including generating and testing hypotheses with stakeholders.
- Collecting and documenting analysis requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- Undertaking data capture from numerous systems, including conducting data audits and sanitisations as required.
- Conducting mathematically sound analysis, using appropriate tools and techniques, all documented in a clear way.
- Reporting to clients through either written or verbal presentations.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience providing client led analysis to support decision makers within either the public or private sectors, minimum experience 5 years.
- A passion for analysing data and the ability to provide insights and bring data to life through different presentation outputs
- Experience working with data lakes / data warehouses with a preference within AWS or alternatives such as Azure or Google Cloud.
- The ability to manipulate, sanitise and map large amounts of data.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modelling.
- Expert Excel user. Experience using at least one of: R, Python, SQL modelling, VBA or similar.
- An interest in machine learning / AI
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- The ability to think creatively to data science problems.
- Proactive, and exemplary attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to have a pragmatic and innovative approach when there is a lack of data
The following skills and experiences are preferable:
- Experience within either Policing, Defence or Security.
- Experience building predictive models to support analysis requirements.
- Business intelligence reporting in Tableau or PowerBI (or similar tool).
- Experience of using collaborative software such as Skype, Confluence, Sococo etc.
Job posted in: Security Cleared Technical Support Engineer Jobs
- Surrey (Surrey, England)
- £50001 - £75000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Security Cleared Technical Support Engineer Jobs