Document Controller Job, City of London
An exciting opportunity has arisen within large sustainable energy subcontractor in London who provide low carbon energy generation, energy distribution and energy management solutions across a wide variety of sectors.
They offer a great company culture, competitive salary, benefits and a different and unique variety of work. Their typical projects range from £100k to £50 million within a variety of Sectors including the Commercial, Industrial, Health care, New Build, Power Generation & Urban networks sectors.
Due to expansion, they are now looking for a Document Controller with experience working for a large subcontractor and has experience of at least 3-5 years.
The successful candidate
- Would have a minimum of 3-5 year’s experience working within a construction orientated consultancy or contracting environment in a similar role
- Experience in control of document flow on medium to large scale projects for numerous schemes for clients across these sectors. This will require use of internal & external collaborative document management systems.
- The ability to operate as part of a wider project team and to liaise closely with internal and external project managers, engineers and technicians is a crucial part of the role.
- The candidate will have the ability to work on their own initiative and to coordinate their work with others, with high attention to accuracy and detail; this will include the day-to-day management of administration assistants whose prime function will be to upload and retrieve documents and generally assist in the implementation of the above.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated.
Duties within the role
- In the use of such systems, duties will include the development and implementation of document control procedures at the planning stage of a specific project.
- Agreeing document standards, naming conventions, approval processes and QA protocols with fellow project professionals.
- Sorting, collating, assembling and retrieving documents on behalf of the internal teams.
- This requires ensuring all relevant internal and external documents are shared at key times, internal and external systems are synchronised, there is regular monitoring of document activity by external project professionals and they are reviewed and circulated to internal teams and the appropriate notices issued.
- All internally produced documentation will need to satisfy agreed requirements and QA standards and the duties will include undertaking regular internal document audits to ensure.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV or contact me on 01252413086 to find out more.