Document Controller Job, Peterborough
A Multi-Disciplinary Engineering Consultancy who work within Civil & Infrastructure, M&E, Energy and Geo technical projects across the country. They have Senior professionals within the business with a combines range of expertise over 40 years.
They are currently looking for an experienced Document Controller to join an existing team within the company, which provides support for projects primarily within the automotive, commercial, industrial, retail, education and residential sectors.
The successful candidate
- Would have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working within a construction orientated consultancy or contracting environment in a similar role and will be responsible, under the leadership of a Senior Team Administrator, for the control of document flow on medium to large scale projects for numerous schemes for clients across these sectors. This will require use of internal & external collaborative document management systems.
- Education to a high academic standard is a pre-requisite; we would expect the successful candidate to be educated to degree-level and demonstrate membership of relevant professional bodies with regular CPD.
- The ability to operate as part of a wider project team and to liaise closely with internal and external project managers, engineers and technicians is a crucial part of the role.
- The candidate will have the ability to work on their own initiative and to coordinate their work with others, with high attention to accuracy and detail; this will include the day-to-day management of administration assistants whose prime function will be to upload and retrieve documents and generally assist in the implementation of the above.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated, independent thinking, accurate, confident, eloquent and capable of representing the Company to fellow project professionals. Such person will have ample opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills, experience and to work with some of the world’s greatest businesses across a wide range of industry sectors.
Duties within the role
- In the use of such systems, duties will include the development and implementation of document control procedures at the planning stage of a specific project.
- Agreeing document standards, naming conventions, approval processes and QA protocols with fellow project professionals.
- Sorting, collation, assembly and retrieving documents on behalf of our internal teams.
- This requires ensuring all relevant internal and external documents are shared at key times, internal and external systems are synchronised, there is regular monitoring of document activity by external project professionals and they are reviewed and circulated to internal teams and the appropriate notices issued.
- All internally produced documentation will need to satisfy agreed requirements and QA standards and the duties will include undertaking regular internal document audits to ensure.
If you are located in the Peterborough area and looking for a new and exciting position within Document Control, please get in touch with me on 01252413080.