Electrical Contracts Manager Job, Romford
A family-owned building services contractor based in Essex has a new and exciting opportunity for an Electrical Contracts Manager to join their maintenance and aftercare team. The successful candidate will oversee the FM Help desk team and assist the Operations Manager with day-to-day production of quotes and engineer assistance.
Main tasks & accountabilities
- Producing quotes from the information provided by engineers. Submitting quotes direct to clients.
- Liaise with Helpdesk staff to ensure the quotes are submitted in accordance with the client KPI’s.
- Ensure the documentation used to compile the quotes are kept on record to enable the timely turnaround of works when quotes are authorised.
- Liaise with engineers whilst they are on site to obtain materials required for reactive works or update Helpdesk staff of costs to enable works to continue.
- Resolve material issues whilst engineers are on site.
- Liaise with the supply chain when producing the quotes (where required).
- Liaise with Helpdesk and aftercare team when working on client portals – uploading quotes or updating job status.
- Assist with checking engineers job sheets for materials required / continuation of work where additional costs may be incurred.
- Raising jobs, ordering materials, and checking them.
- General administration including the creating spreadsheets, updating database (Coins), costing of material and labour for invoicing and associated client and internal reporting.
- Working with the Helpdesk Manager to raise subcontractor orders where required
- Perform any other tasks, duties, and responsibilities appropriate to your position and any other reasonable duties specifically assigned to you.
- Assisting the Helpdesk Manager in the production of planned maintenance quotes/tenders
Skills & Knowledge
- Pricing jobs (essential)
- Electrically Bias (essential)
- Client management (essential)
- Experience in compiling quotes and producing financial reports (cost and sales reports)
- Experience in managing small works projects (desirable)
- Business development (desirable)
Salary £50,000 – £60,000 + Pension
- Holiday – 25 days + bank holidays
- Monday to Friday (early finish on a Friday)
- Progression opportunities
- Death in service
- Parking on-site