Electrical Estimator – Essex
My Client is one of the most successful Mechanical & Electrical Services designers and installers supporting London’s foremost residential and commercial developers. They have been in the business for over 20 years, they have a reputation for handling large scale and complex projects and delivering excellent workmanship on time every time. They work within a number of sectors, High end Res, schools, and Commercial.
The Electrical Estimator will prepare accurate and timely cost estimates for my clients projects to aid management in bidding on or determining price of service. Also, to assist in the evaluation of project risk factors and commercial opportunities arising from new and existing bids and maintaining communication with all stakeholders internally and externally.
The next person to join the Estimating department will need to slot in to the exciting team and keen to learn and develop, the role for the Electrical estimator will have around 3 years’ experience and keen to develop them self’s.
Duties and Responsibilities – Some of the Main points.
- Review enquiry documentation to fully determine and understand the full extent of the client’s enquiry. Take responsibility for Document Checklist.
- Quantify the extent of the works involved. Produce accurate take off and measure for tenders to ensure the prime cost of the project is fully understood.
- Review commercial/ technical risks associated with enquiries to find the best solution. Vet enquiries allocated in order to comply with the preparation and dispatch of accurate supplier/subcontract enquiries to the timescales dictated. Working with technical experts, assess quotations with a view to validating the information received. Take responsibility prior to settlement meetings to check accuracy of the information presented.
- Identify potential risks/ opportunities within the scope of enquiries received.
- Identify third party requirements, internal or external, to ensure all information is collated in respect of enquiries.
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering (or similar field of study and/or trade experience as time-served electrician, electrical technician or similar.
- Formal estimating experience on industrial projects.
- Strong maths and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Can read and understand schematic and design drawings.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Strong time management skills
- Good IT computer skills and the ability to read drawings and schedules.
- Critical thinking.
- Decision making.
- Problem solving.
- Presentation skills.
If this sounds the perfect role for you in terms of career, location and company culture then we look forward to receiving your application Energi People are the leading experts in M&E Quantity Surveying Recruitment. https://energi.uk.com/recruitment/quantity-surveyor-recruitment/
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- Essex (Essex, England)
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs