You will be responsible for:
- Providing a first class service ensuring premises are safe places to work, shop and visit – Ensure that all tasks are carried out safely in line with company policies and procedures.
- Carry out day to day maintenance duties across the retail stores consisting of; – Planned and reactive maintenance to; distribution circuits – lighting and power systems.
- – Fault diagnosis and repair of electrical equipment. – Monitoring and improvements to existing electrical systems working to manufacturer and regulatory safety standards. – Install minor electrical systems to 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- Provide assessments and advice on existing systems to key stakeholders as part of a collaborative approach.
- Assisting management teams to improve and develop current electrical process and procedures through a continuous improvement approach.
- Skills and experience needed to be great at this role:
You will need
- C&G 2360 Part 1&2 or equivalent.
- C&G 2382-15 -17th Edition.
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in electrical.
- Full driving Licence.
Ideal additional skills:
- C&G 2391 or equivalent.
- C&G 2377 – PAT.
- IPAF qualification.
- SPS accreditation.
- Experience working on CCTV.
- Experience working in a customer focused environment.
What’s in it for you
- We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make our company a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in-house technical specialists.
- Company van, with option for personal use and a fuel card.
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years. With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to stores. Everything we do in Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
- From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work nationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Job posted in: Building Services Maintenance Jobs
- City of London (London, England)
- £30000 - £35000 per annum + Paid Travel, Van, Pension
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Maintenance Jobs