My client have been an industry leader in delivering major rial and highways infrastructure projects, with an impressive portfolio of projects successfully delivered in the most challenging and restricted of environments.
They are currently seeking a number of Electrical Project Engineers to join the London Power Tunnel project in multiple locations around London.
The project engineer will support planning, procurement, on site assembly, commissioning, operation and maintenance of electrical systems to ensure the tunnelling works and temporary works on the London Power Tunnel project are safe and fit for purpose.
- Plan, Design, support procurement, implement, maintain and control electrical equipment on LPT2 including electrical aspects of mechanical equipment
- Evaluate the electrical service provider’s safety, reliability and operational performance
- Perform calculations to validate the electrical system suitability for the requirements
- Collaborate with electricians and engineers to solve emerging issues
- Ensure installations are in line with needs and safety standards by preparing electrical systems specifications and technical drawings
- Perform quality and performance analysis
- Establish and maintain maintenance and inspection plans
- Ensure maintenance records are being completed and records held
- Ensure staff is using the correct PPE, tools and machinery before starting a task
- Inspect installations and observe operations to ensure compliance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards
- Provide professional support to the management team, helping to ensure high quality service delivery and co-ordinate response to the Client
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Liaise with Procurement team to ensure adequate availability for electrical spare parts
- Prepare Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Carrying out defect/breakdown analysis
- Assist with fault finding on defective equipment
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Relevant Degree Qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Experience construction of underground utilities, supervision of electrical networks including electrical substations
- Experience in the engineering and tunnelling field
- Proficiency in design and calculation software
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Data acquisition and interrogation skills
- Knowledge of PLC systems
My client are looking to pay up to £45,000 plus package, career progression etc.
Please apply if interested.
Job posted in: Building Services Construction Jobs