Are you looking for the next step in your facilities maintenance career working in mission critical environments?
Do you have around 12 – 15 months experience and feel held back by your current company?
Do you hold a current Electrical qualification ideally a German “Elektroniker” or “Elektrotechniker”.
Do you have hands on experience working in one of the following environments?
- Building Maintenance (Gebäudetechnik)
- Facility Maintenance (Instandhaltung)
Do you have experience of working in one of these industry sectors as an Electrical Technician?
- Data Centres or Mission Critical environments
- Healthcare, Pharmaceutical
- Renewable energy, nuclear, oil and gas
- Aerospace, Maritime
- Other high technology environments
If so, I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about a role that will give you the vehicle to move your career forward with a globally established and market leading commercial real estate management company.
Overview of the Electrical Technician role
On successful appointment, you will be joining a company that not only looks after you, but also your career. A company who invests in your development and wellbeing making this a key part of your new career journey with them.
You will also benefit from:
· Excellent individual development progression
· A collaborative and supportive work culture
· Maintaining a global client’s commercial real estate assets
· Personal training profiling and development
· Personal empowerment and competitive benefits.
This is a real opportunity to develop your experience and career with a global real estate services company as you support and maintain a high profile client’s commercial facilities as part of a team of onsite Technicians.
Key Skills of the Electrical Technician role
On application, the key technical systems knowledge required will be discussed, but if you have a track record of working in an onsite role critical maintenance environment, your knowledge will already meet the key requirements.
However, below is a summary of some of the key skills and experience required:
- Carry out the preventive maintenance and repair of critical technical systems
- Installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems
- Maintain the facilities electrical cable system
- Monitor and track critical systems supported by computerised maintenance management system (CCMS)
- Manage & close service tickets
- Undertake works in accordance with the service level agreements
- Ensuring the correct and effective functioning of the systems
- Support and monitor the work of subcontractors
- Undertake daily inspections
- Identify, investigate and resolve potential risks
- Complete daily shift reports and the effective handover of them to the next shift team
Key good to haves of the Electrical Technician
- You should have undertaken training or have hands on electrotechnical experience within a data center environment
- Knowledge and experience of BMS, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
- Experience working on UPS, medium/high voltage, transformers, PDUs, emergency power, diesel generators and DCIM
- Switch authorisation of 20 KV or above
- You will also need to work under voltage
- PLC knowledge is an advantage
- Recognition of complex technical relationships
- Ability to work in a team
- Confident handling of MS Office
Key must haves of the Electrical Technician
- Eligibility to work in Germany
- Good English communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A knowledge of the German language is an advantage but not required
- Ability and willingness to travel between sites
- This role would suit someone who is already living or keen to relocate and live in Germany for work
Next step to apply for this Electrical Technician role
If you are interested in this Electrical Technician role please do not hesitate to apply.
Energi DC specialise in working within the data centre construction, MEP and FM sector where we work with companies who build, construct, install and maintain the services of data centres around the globe. In addition to the advertised role we also place construction, MEP and FM: directors | project directors | project managers | senior site managers | quantity surveyors | estimators | commissioning managers | critical environment on-site engineers and FM/PPM mission critical and data centre facilities team members