Facilities/Estate Manager Job, Lewisham
A well-established Real Estate company are currently recruiting for a Facilities/Estate Manager to cover a build to rent estate in Lewisham.
As the successful candidate you will have experience within facilities and operations as well as previous experience managing large on-site teams.
As the Lead Facilities Manager you will be the most senior operational person on-site so must have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- To lead the continuous delivery of the estates facilities management, whilst ensuring all health and safety and other compliance requirement are met across the estate and its assets.
Responsible for overseeing all hard/soft services as well as all compliance related matters also taking part in the development and implementation of the client’s strategies
- Help manage the mobilisation of the block working with site staff and 3rd party contractors
- Managing the PPM plan for hard and soft services with 3rd party contractors
- Day-to-day go to staff members for general block queries and issues within common areas and basement
- Daily inspections of common areas, basement and external fabric of building, ensuring site is clean and safe for residents and staff
- To oversee contract management and ensure value is being delivered by all suppliers and that works and prices are best.
- Ensure that all Estate Services are managed, in a proactive and compliant manner.
- Develop, implement and maintain management systems for all buildings, facilities and public realm areas
- Ensure compliance with the Property Management Agreement, KPIs and SLA’s, industry best practices, Professional Statement, and statutory obligations.
- Develop and maintain good relations with Estate stakeholders.
- Work with the wider Estate Management team to facilitate & support the Client’s Events and Community Programmes.
- Support and contribute to occupiers (residential and commercial) communications channels.
- To understand and ensure adherence to, on behalf of the Landlord and Tenants, the obligations within the occupier lease agreements.
Qualifications & Experience
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Qualified Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management
- Proven track record in previous Leadership roles
- Ability to prepare detailed board reports or client recommendation papers.
- Experience in change management
- An ability to problem solve and streamline services
- Experience in utility management
- Understanding of Health and Safety best practice
- Excellent problem-solving ability and a logical mindset
- Proven experience dealing with tenants on day-to-day basis
- 3rd party contractor management
- Hard & soft service experience
Key Skills & Competencies
· Natural Leader with strong communication skills, personable and approachable
· Communicator for all stakeholders
· Understanding of residential, commercial and retail management operations.
· Understanding of corporate structure and Client involvement
· Discretion and sensitivity in dealing with confidential matters
· Strong project management capability
· Commercially aware with strong financial management skills
· Detailed understanding of RICS Service Charge Codes, Professional Statement and regulations
· Utilities and building environmental management experience including liaison with Energy Supply Companies ( ESCo’s)
· Strong IT Skills