Finance Analyst Job, London
London or Bicester
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000
My client is an award-winning building services design consultancy and due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst.
Reporting directly into the Finance Director, you will have a strong appetite to learn and take up new challenges, we are looking for a proactive and highly performant professional, interested in joining our dynamic, enthusiastic and multicultural team.
Roles and Responsibilities
Autonomous financial administration, management and controlling of a portfolio of projects, including:
- Project related performance planning, forecasting, closing, reporting & analysis.
- Acting as financial advisor to Project Managers, ensuring regular reporting on project progress, billing cycles, financial performance against expectations.
- Contribute to reviews and issue recommendations with regards to risks and opportunities on projects from initial bid stage up to completion, this to be shared with both project managers and P&L directors.
- Monthly exchange and reporting to P&L directors on their sector’s financial performance against expectations, outlining key contributing factors to potential variances against expectations.
- Close monitoring project profitability, direct costs, expenses, subconsultant fees, variation orders, FX exposition etc.
- Booking of accruals, preparation and issuance of purchase orders, sales invoices in accordance to billing plan
- Tracking cash flow generation
The ideal candidate:
- Relevant finance qualification at least part CIMA qualified or equivalent experience
- 4 years’ experience with a minimum of 2 years in an equivalent role
- In depth experience of financial accounting
- Experienced in managing budgets/budgetary control
- Previous experience working within the consulting or construction industry
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Ability to prioritize own workload, and work to strict deadlines
- Defends points of view and does not hesitate to support own opinions with detailed and clear arguments when challenged.
- Excellent knowledge in office automation applications (Office 365, mainly Excel), with knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of IFRS Project Accounting