Financial Controller Job, Peterborough
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the finance team
- Produce monthly management accounts, analysing key trends and working closely with the business to understand variances
- Provide regular and accurate financial information to key stakeholders within the business
- responsible to oversee the finances of the business
- Manage day to day relationship with the bank
- Responsible for the bank account and authorising of payments
- Oversee payroll processing
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisors.
- Prepare draft trial balance, related schedules for audit/accounts preparation by external advisors.
- Produce balance sheet supporting documentation when required.
- Oversee credit control and ensure the sales ledger is up to date daily or weekly.
- Review project financial performance against fee proposal/scope, appointment documents and/or purchase orders with service line(s) to understand variances and implement corrective actions.
- Liaise with key customers on the financial elements of terms of service where necessary.
- Produce and manage forecasts on a monthly basis. Particularly reviewing/updating cash flow forecast.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a financial controller role or similar and be qualified by experience or with a relevant qualification
- Good understanding of a construction consultancy business or similar.
- The ability to work as part of a wider team and communicate with key stakeholders are crucial elements of this role.
- Good understanding of IT systems and processes
- Ability to work on their own initiative and to coordinate their work with others
- High attention to accuracy and detail.
- Capable of representing the company to fellow project professionals