Gas Breakdown and Service Engineer Job, Waltham Forest
A new opportunity has arisen for a Gas Breakdown Service Engineer working for a leading Building Services and Facilities Management company in London. They are a well-established family run, privately owned business that have been running for over 55 years.
As the Gas Breakdown Service Engineer you will be based around the Waltham Stow area and be responsible for maintaining property services by delivering planned and reactive maintenance to an agreed programme, budget and quality within the company’s operational targets.
- To carry out inspections, diagnose faults, fit parts and carry out repairs.
- Testing and commissioning of equipment.
- Undertake gas servicing.
- Servicing of Heat recovery units & Unvented Cylinders
- Testing of smoke alarms
- To complete job sheets for every task, daily log sheets and weekly time sheets.
- Responsible for the delivery of planned commitments to the client, ensuring agreed KPI’s and service levels are being met.
- Provide technical support and advice.
- To comply with the company’s Health & Safety policy at all times and follow all related safe systems of work.
- Experience as a suitably qualified heating/gas service engineer working in commercial and/or domestic premises
- Appropriate gas industry qualifications
- Use and ability to train in the use of PDA devices
- It is a requirement that a valid full clean driving licence is maintained
Hours & Benefits
- Hours Monday to Friday, 40 hours, 8am-5pm with one hour for lunch and overtime paid at time and half
- Salary £35,000 – £38,000 depending on experience
- Callout rota is 1 in 8, standby paid at £175
- 22 days holiday +Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Birthday Off after one year’s service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension including salary sacrifice and employer contribution of 4%
- Death In Service Benefit 4 x salary