Head of Facilities Management Job, Dartford
A well-established Mechanical and Electrical Design and Build Engineering specialist are looking to recruit a Head of FM to join their business. As a business they have been established for 50 years and grown from success in delivering projects.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged within the team, and they are looking for a Head of FM Manager from a successful business development background. This is a strategic leadership appointment as part of the succession planning for the business.
The Head of FM will be responsible for the day to day running of the FM business including the Business Development strategy and be responsible for Key Account Management, Performance Targets and the overall growth of the FM division. As this is a Strategic Management appointment within the business.
Key Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks
- Exploring our existing customer base and understanding where expansion opportunities lie
* Winning new business relationships, negotiating contracts with potential customers within the market and managing ongoing relationships
* Building relationships with multiple points of contact within the FM client themselves and their diverse range of customers
* Experience in developing (from scratch) lasting business relationships with a diverse range of clients in within the FM Industry.
* Networking with and presenting to senior stakeholders (both clients and internal)
* Developing competitive commercial models and educating potential customers on the company’s offering
* Ensuring you are up to date with internal and external developments, and suggesting new ways to increase sales
* Accountable for sustainable growth and operations within the FM department in line with agreed strategic targets.
* Attend client premises to survey opportunities and capture assets as required.
- Accountable for Commercial overview within the FM Department
- Responsibility for engineers and Admin staff within the FM Department
- Ensure all planned preventative service and maintenance visits are carried out
- Renewal/quotation of maintenance contracts as and when dates arise
- Control all service calls as they arise
- Provide accurate estimations for the delivery process for both Planned and Reactive Maintenance and small installation projects
- Ensure invoices are raised for all service, maintenance and special projects with the Accounts Department and monitor debtors
- Full P&L accountability for the FM Department
- Responsible for FM Departments Health and Safety procedures
- Regular meetings with existing clients and prospective new clients
- Retaining existing client base
- Monitoring sales against targets and cost control/reporting monthly to Directors
- Strong commercial experience-must be able to demonstrate where you have made different commercial models fit the client/business needs
* A proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Track record of strategic sales into the construction and FM sectors
* Previous experience in managing client accounts and fulfilling reporting requirements
* Previous experience in leading negotiations and sales pitches for strategic accounts
* Previous experience in leveraging existing relationships to create new revenue streams
* The ability to bring together a solution and coordinate moving parts to get sales, operations, development, marketing, and finance all working together.
* Strong presentation skills
* A good networker capable of building relationships with multiple stakeholders at multiple levels
* Experience working in or selling into the UK Facilities Management or related space
* Experience of facilities management technical and tender processes
* Experience in estimating Hard Services
* Strong experience in estimating to HVAC SFG20 standards
* Experienced in writing and reviewing proposals
* Strong leaderships qualities
* A proven track record of successful tenders/pitches won resulting in FM work winning opportunities.
* The ability to successfully run a FM operation which is both profitable and has sustainable growth.
Package on offer
- Up to £70,000
* Hours: Mon-Fri 08:00 – 17:00
* 25 days annual leave entitlement
* Company pension
* Performance related bonus subject to Managing Directors discretion