Health & Safety Advisor Job, City of London
We have a current opportunity for a SHEQ, H&S Advisor on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London and across some parts of the South of England. For further information about this position, please apply.
You will be acting as the advisor on a number of projects reporting into the SHEQ Manager. Working alongside the project team ensuring an organisational approach H&S is implemented to a consistently high quality standard.
Main Duties include:
– Guide project health and safety activities implemented by operational line managers and supervisors helping detect and be aware of potential hazard early during the work planning stages, thus creating mitigation and response plans that reduce the likelihood of incidents and injuries.
– Review and carry out assessments in order to consider how risks could be reduced
– Taking a risk based approach when determining solutions and initiatives; giving priority to high-risk and complex situations to ensure sites are following VE policies and HSE regulations.
– Carry out regular monthly inspection of site conditions to check policies and procedures are adhered to.
– Provide managers with advice on training requirements for employees on H&S issues/risks.
– Ensure all employees receive a site induction and identify any special requirements for training associated with their roles and responsibilities
– Share learning and knowledge to contribute to the continuous improvement by recording and sharing good working practises.
– Support project delivery teams by ensuring health and safety in design objectives are established, communicated, understood and delivered.
– Promote and comply with the Company’s policies on equality and health and safety both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
– Assist project team with the preparation, maintenance and handover (on project completion) of the Health & Safety file to the client.
– Maintain up to date knowledge of developments in SHEQ.
Requirements of the chosen candidate:
– GCSE’s/A Level qualified
– NEBOSH Certificate or similar in H&S
– Externally accredited internal auditor qualification (14001/45001/9001)
– Specialist skills in SHE technical areas
– H&S legislation and industry knowledge
– Strong organisational skills and ability to organise workload
– Professional in outlook and attitude
– Be able to be responsible for monitoring and mentoring site SHEQ management systems
– Full UK driving license
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, please send over your application or call Portia @ Energi People on 01252413086 to discuss further.