Health & Safety Manager Job, City of London
Main Duties include:
– Review and carry out assessments in order to consider how risks could be reduced
– Taking a risk-based approach when determining solutions and initiatives; giving priority to high-risk and complex situations to ensure sites are following VE policies and HSE regulations.
– Carry out regular monthly inspection of site conditions to check policies and procedures are adhered to.
– Provide managers/directors with advice on training requirements for employees on H&S issues/risks.
– Ensure all employees receive a site induction and identify any special requirements for training associated with their roles and responsibilities
– Share learning and knowledge to contribute to the continuous improvement by recording and sharing good working practises.
– Support project delivery teams by ensuring health and safety in design objectives are established, communicated, understood and delivered.
– Promote and comply with the Company’s policies on equality and health and safety both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
– Assist project team with the preparation, maintenance and handover (on project completion) of the Health & Safety file to the client.
– Maintain up to date knowledge of developments in SHEQ.
Requirements of the chosen candidate:
– GCSE’s/A Level qualified
– NEBOSH Certificate or similar in H&S
– Externally accredited internal auditor qualification (14001/45001/9001)
– Specialist skills in SHE technical areas
– H&S legislation and industry knowledge
– Professional in outlook and attitude
– Be able to be responsible for monitoring and mentoring site SHEQ management systems