Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer Job, Glasgow
A specialist independent building services consultancy has, due to planned expansion, an immediate requirement for a high-end intermediate / senior level design engineer to join their design team
They work in a wide variety of project sectors including, commercial, high-end residential, educational and restaurant work.
As a mechanical design engineer you would be expected to provide effective designs, conduct surveys, prepare feasibility reports, specifications, provide site supervision and management of mechanical services installations, following health and safety, QA and environmental policies and procedures. Your should be qualified to a minimum of HND level and have a minimum of 3 years’ UK building services design experience.
Your should have a demonstrable UK building services background.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings in accordance with company CAD standards and design calculations using industry leading software (i.e. Hevacomp).
- Assisting in preparing reports such as feasibility studies, design reports, specifications and contract administration following Quality Assurance and Health and Safety procedures and company administration policies.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of current standards and legislation.
- Attending site surveys and client meetings.
- Implementing technical standards and supporting the business development. Compliance with CDM Regulations must be ensured.
- Undertaking detailed site surveys and design reviews.
- Understanding of engineering systems and the ability to report on both mechanical and electrical disciplines during meetings is essential.
- You would need an appreciation of contract administration, project management and site supervision/inspections and assist with the financial control of project(s) liaising with Project Director.
- Mentoring and assisting the graduate engineers.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD packages such as AutoCAD and Revit MEP or Bentley AECOsim.
- Experience of IES modelling software would be advantageous (but not essential).
- Understanding of BIM Level 2 and BIM project deliverables structure.
- Undertaking mechanical designs from inception to completion, sometimes within tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
- CEng qualified or working towards CEng.
- Appropriate membership of professional body, i.e. CIBSE, IMECHE, IET
- Full UK driving license