Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer Job, Kent
As an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer you will play a pivotal role in the design, development and implementation of Building Services Systems in a variety of different project sectors across the industry.
You will work as part of a design team, assisting in house engineers and leading the design on multiple projects. You will collaborate with architects, contractors and other stakeholders to ensure that building services systems meet industry and client requirements
– Collaborate with senior engineers to develop mechanical and public health systems, ensuring compliance with regulations and industry standards, whilst seeking opportunities to integrate energy efficiency and sustainability measures, including the use of renewable energy sources.
– Conduct technical analysis and calculations to determine the specifications and requirements for mechanical and public health systems.
– Prepare detailed engineering drawings, specifications, and reports for building services systems.
– Support senior engineers by attending project meetings (either on site or via Teams/Zoom)
– Attend site, ensuring that building services systems are installed and operate according to design specifications and quality standards.
– Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders throughout the project duration to address concerns, provide updates, and ensure client satisfaction.
– Stay up-to-date with relevant Building Regulations, standards, and regulations and ensure designs and installations are compliant.
– Collaborate with architects, structural engineers, and other professionals, to integrate building services systems into overall building designs.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
– Working towards a professional qualification related to Building Services Engineering (HNC/HND/BSc/BEng)
– A minimum of 2 years experience gained in a consultancy practice
– Proficient in AutoCAD software. In house training shall be provided for Revit software
– Working knowledge of IES thermal modelling software and interpretation of results
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
– Knowledge of UK Building Regulations and industry standards
– Good communication skills and professionalism
– Good time management skills
– Ability to work as part of a team or alone
– Full driving licence required
Due to the nature of this position, we are unable to sponsor overseas individuals at present.
Please get in touch for further information regarding the consultancy practice.