Intermediate / Senior Mechanical Engineer Job, London
Intermediate / Senior Mechanical Engineer
Building Services, MEP Design
Commercial projects working with signature architects
Excellent opportunity for an Intermediate to Senior Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to join an established and expanding Building Services team within an international MEP Building Services Design consultancy in their London office (initially working from home).
The role will involve working mostly on high-end commercial offices (including CAT A+B Fit-out), residential and mixed-use projects in the UK and overseas for signature architects.
Along with working in an amazing office focused on human health and well-being, you will be working alongside some very talented, Chartered engineers in a culture of innovation, learning and development (including mentoring for chartership).
This role will suit a tenacious, career driven and technically gifted Mechanical Design Engineer with experience with Mechanical Building services systems including calculations, sizing and specification of HVAC systems along with knowledge of air conditioning, chillers, air handling units and heat recovery. You will have the opportunity to grow your knowledge and hone your skills by working with highly technical colleagues.
I have partnered with this excellent MEP Building Services consultancy for over 10 years in the UK and overseas, placing a number of engineers at all levels and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about sustainability, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability services across the globe.
If you’ve got potential and want to push the boundaries of design, they will help you achieve it!
The Intermediate / Senior Mechanical Engineer Role
- You will need to be both a team player working within a multi-disciplined group assisting the senior engineers along with helping and encouraging the graduate engineers, as well as having the initiative to work alone.
- You will monitor the quality control on projects to ensure the company quality standards are being achieved, prepare calculations/specifications and drawings, ensuring they comply with the clients brief.
- Given the collaborative and client focused nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
What Does Success Look Like In This Job?
- Technically sound work consistently designed and delivered, to client-brief
Required Qualifications/ Experience
- Degree qualified in Building Services/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Have at least 3 years experience working as a design engineer in the UK, involved in the design of mechanical building services systems from concept stage through to schematic and detailed design
- Have a thorough understanding of CIBSE codes and Approved Documents and a knowledge of British Standards
- Experience with REVIT MEP & AutoCAD is a distinct advantage
- Hevacomp, IES & TAS experience is desirable
- Must have a demonstrable background in working for consulting engineering practices with experience in mentoring more junior level engineers.Have project experience in sectors such as: Education, Leisure Centres, Residential Developments.
- Be familiar with BREEAM processes and be able to understand the implications that it has on M&E design.
- Have experience using Revit/AutoCAD
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please contact James Mowat, Associate Director of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 40 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within the UK & Internationally, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team.
Please note; Due to Govt. restrictions, this position is only available to UK based candidates with right to work in the UK. Unfortunately my client is unable to provide sponsorship to candidates at the current time.