IT & AV Support Engineer (University) Job, London
Are you passionate about technology and providing exceptional IT support? Are you ready to take on a role where you’ll be responsible for Audio Visual and IT operations across London University campuses? Look no further! We are seeking a skilled IT Support Specialist.
IT & AV Support Engineer Job Overview:
Prestigious higher education institution located in the heart of London with a strong commitment to academic excellence and providing a highly supportive learning environment for students.
- Location: London E1 (campus-based)
- Term: Full-time; Permanent
- Hours: Monday to Friday (38 hours per week)
- Salary: £32,000 – £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Benefits: Generous benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance pro rata (excl. Bank holidays), group life assurance, group income protection, pension schemes, and private healthcare (optional)
- Start: ~1 July 2023
IT & AV Support Engineer Job Role:
As an IT Support Specialist, you will play a crucial role in supporting the daily Audio Visual and IT operations across this leading London University’s campuses. Your responsibilities will include providing 1st and 2nd-line IT & AV support to both on-campus and remote users across multiple locations. You’ll handle day-to-day IT issues, troubleshoot classroom and event AV equipment, and collaborate with the IT team to ensure smooth technical support across the institution. Your passion for learning new technologies and services will be invaluable in this role.
IT & AV Support Engineer Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support AV troubleshooting, including video conferencing and audio-conferencing room systems, projectors, digital screens, and related equipment.
- Set up classroom technology and configure it for courses and special events.
- Assist faculty and students in accessing applications and our wired and wireless networks.
- Mentor the Junior IT Support Specialist.
- Provide guidance on new technologies and process improvements to the IT Manager.
- Manage user accounts through active directory and Google Apps Admin.
- Troubleshoot and maintain printer provisions for staff and students.
- Support faculty and staff PCs and Macs.
- Perform on-site warranty evaluation and repairs on institution-owned equipment.
- Perform system maintenance and updates as needed.
- Provide technical support to staff, troubleshooting operating systems, applications, and network issues.
- Image/reimage campus computers and install updates and software.
- Advise staff and students on best practices, institutional policies, and process improvement.
- Foster relationships with staff to encourage technology use.
- Set up technology and configure it for institution, academic, and community events.
IT & AV Support Engineer Job Desired Skills & Experience:
Experience: supporting connectivity, AV, personal computers, and laptops, experience with support software (e.g., Sharepoint, Microsoft, G-suite), minimum 2 years of experience supporting end-users in an enterprise environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Passion for technology and knowledge of technical systems, excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure, ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, adaptability to changing demands and priorities, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Apply today and don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
Related job titles: Desktop Support Engineer Job, IT Technician, Technical Support Engineer, 1st line Support, 2nd Line Support.