Location: Head office is in Reading as well as flexibility to be home & site based
Lead Estimator required for my clients team based in Reading. They are a large Contractor who hold the capacity to work across the entire project build from construction, delivery, install & maintenance.
They are at a highly exciting time in their journey and due to a large period of growth are seeking to expand the team with a Lead Estimator, allowing them to secure more works & continue their onward growth.
The Lead Estimator is responsible for compiling estimates for new business opportunities, co-ordinating all aspects of an estimate including internal, sub contract, specialist and supply chain elements. Drafting tender proposals and presenting all cost and project information in a high quality clear format for review by a senior management representative.
- Register and acknowledge receipt of enquiries
- Explore all available opportunities to drive business development forward
- Interpret and understand all project requirements including technical and high level commercial elements.
- Manage/monitor all aspects of bids/cost plans preparation
- Build up cost estimates & package up the tenders.
- Co-ordinate content from others in the business and where required produce supporting documents to enhance the quality of bids and proposals
- Present detailed accurate estimating content in a timely manner for review and subsequent approval.
- Input into risk assessment, written proposals and project schedules
- Experience of bid preparation and co-ordination
- Previous experience in a similar role in Construction / Building Services Company
- Strong Commercial accumen
- Computer literacy including a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- Reading (Berkshire, England)
- £300 - £350 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs