Exciting opportunity to work for a for a leading property management company situated in London (Aldgate). I am currently looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to look after some large contracts. The successful candidate will be Mechanical/HVAC qualified and have an all-round understanding of most trades, as well as having a proven track record in property / commercial building maintenance. Working alongside the Facilities Manager on site, you will be required to oversee the day to day PPM & reactive maintenance on site. In return the company are offering a competitive salary paying up to £43,500 + 50% Travel
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and allocate work to in house maintenance team and check work is completed to a satisfactory standard and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with subcontracted maintenance teams on schedule of maintenance work throughout all properties and plan to a yearly schedule.
- Liaise with departments to arrange for maintenance to be carried out in properties.
- Liaise regularly with Property Facilities Manager ensuring that they are aware of all work being carried out.
- Provide a point of contact service for day-to-day questions and problems regarding equipment, materials, methods, and procedures.
- Seek approval and place orders for parts, equipment and contractor assigned work.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of back up equipment and replacement parts.
- In the event of any emergency or in case of unusual circumstances, respond to the situation to the best of ability even though the situation normally requires a person of a different trade.
- To adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday – 08:00am to 16:00pm
- Overtime paid at 1.5
- During busy periods, you may be asked to be flexible with working hours (Inclusive of possible weekend work)
- City & Guilds / NVQ – Plumbing, Mechanical or Ventilation
- Knowledge of building codes, rules and regulations
- Knowledge of using a property maintenance system
- Ability to produce written reports, plans, and operational procedures
- Accurate and pays close attention to detail
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication, listening and motivational skills, particularly when under pressure
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable with hours, duties and travel
- Full driving license (In case you are required to use the company pool car)
- Oversee / Supervise specialist sub-contractors
- Strong mechanical and supervisory experience
- Able to travel to the London site
Highly desirable (Not essential)
- Gas Safe Registered
- Experience working in a hotel
- Experience working in a high end residential property
- Any security or CRB/DBS clearance
Job posted in: Building Services Maintenance Jobs
- City of London (London, England)
- £40000 - £45000 per annum + 50% Travel + 20 days holiday
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Maintenance Jobs