Management Accountant Job, London
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to review stage, including monthly P&L’s, balance sheet, cash flow and supporting schedules.
- Calculating and monitoring inter company time calculations
- Reconciliation of control accounts against schedules and monthly payroll journal calculation and reconciliation
- Prepare and post month end journals (prepayments, accruals, depreciation, payroll)
Statutory accounts and taxation
- Assist in production and filing of annual statutory accounts
- Provide year-end reports to external accountants who generate financial statements
- Calculation and submission of P11D’s
- Calculation and submission of PSA to HMRC
- Preparation, submission and payment of VAT return
Manage financial controls and transactions
- Daily bank account reconciliation and circulation of bank email to finance team.
- Draft monthly invoices and liaise with project owners to ensure draft invoices are prepared as per the fees forecast in Rapport system
- Ensure invoices issued are accurate and raised in accordance with statutory invoice requirements (e.g. VAT).
- Prepare and issue PDF invoices to clients.
- Manage accounts payable for each of the operating companies.
- Preparation of cash flow forecast.
- Maintain and transfer balances as required
- Maintain and update weekly aged debtors report
- Generate and issue weekly statement of accounts to each client
- Actively chase outstanding invoices for payment.
- Escalate where necessary
- Support and verify integrity of Rapport/ERM data
- Monthly pipeline report generation and refinements as needed
- Client profitability reporting
- Monthly Management Dashboard generation and refinements
Skills & Qualifications Required
- AAT qualified; CIMA – at least part qualified
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in similar role in finance. At least 1 years’ post qualification experience.
- Awareness of Financial Reporting Standards, including FRS102 and strong knowledge of intercompany accounting
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial information.
- Working knowledge of a computerised accounting package & Microsoft Excel.