Marketing and Communications Manager Job, London
Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: London (hybrid working – 3 days in the office)
Salary: £43,000 – £47,000 p/a
Our client is a trail-blazing, 80 strong, Employee Benefit Trust which has a focus on design, education and communication related to the built environment. The trust is made up of a few companies, structural & civil engineering, Communications Design & Architectural Design. The companies have delivered award winning projects across the globe and across many sectors.
The successful candidate will be proactive, collaborative, a creative thinker with good industry knowledge and a broad view of the built environment sector and associated disciplines to help contribute to the development of the business. We are looking for someone with real conviction and desire to make change and who will work hard to deliver measurable outcomes – someone enthusiastic, passionate and a believer in creating positive impact. You need to be both strategic and able to deliver on a day-to-day basis.
To be successful in this role you will need an excellent understanding of marketing strategies, techniques and tools, and be organised, professional, pragmatic and focused on achieving the best results for the business.
- Ability to identify strategic opportunities to promote our work by monitoring our projects and looking for relevant PR opportunities, capitalising on work/stories that will gain traction in the industry, get us noticed by clients, collaborators and potential employees, and regular publishing in industry and national press.
- Insight into our unique offer and communicating its relevance to clients and collaborators.
- Understanding of our specific governance and certifications (Bcorp, Social Enterprise, Employee Benefit Trust) and what this means externally and internally.
- Be the brand guardian, ensuring that UST and companies all make use of common messaging for greater impact and shared awareness.
- Create and manage a marketing calendar so there is visibility of all activities for the Trust beneficiaries (our employees) – To include events, conferences, awards, social media comms, campaigns, press activities.
- Liaise with PR agencies, journalists, and clients to prepare and deliver appropriate content.
- Work with each of the brands to identify and deliver a planned schedule of relevant, trending, thought-provoking varied content on social media.
- Identify and liaise with organisers on speaking opportunities at relevant conferences/events.
- Work with each of the brands to identify and deliver a planned schedule of relevant campaigns.
- Manage the creation of marketing collateral for the Trust and individual Brand marketing campaigns including all written and visual material.
- Act as editor for all written information.
- Ensure company websites are up to date with news/press/articles, recruitment opportunities and project updates.
- Identify award opportunities and coordinate award submissions and supporting visual material.
- Manage content and deliver a quarterly external client newsletter.
- Manage content and deliver internal communications to keep the organisation up to date with cross-trust news and opportunities.
- Support in the management of Trust events.
- Support in the delivery and on-going input into a CRM system.
- Manage the marketing budget.
- Experience in and awareness of our relevant industries (built environment)
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Creative and energetic personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good experience of social media and online marcomms
- Excellent existing local and national press & PR relationships
- A questioning and inquisitive nature – unafraid to ask difficult questions
- Proactive and self-motivated, ability to prioritise own workload and lead workstreams
- You are purpose-driven and want to make a difference in the world
- You are creative, responsive and can-do
- You have an excellent eye for detail and sights set on the future
- You can work in collaborative environments successfully
- You can initiate and drive ideas and bring people together behind them
- Experience in a similar role for Design, Engineering, Architecture or related industries
- You have a detailed knowledge of Marketing software tools such as mailchimp, CRM systems