Senior M&E Design Engineer
Offering an excellent opportunity in return for your hard-work and existing ability, our client is currently searching for a Senior Mechanical & Electrical Design Engineer! – You’re going to need a strong understanding of all the MEP disciplines, effective design skills, good interpersonal communication and an advanced commercial ability. If you’re confident that you’ve got those, then please apply for this exceptionally exciting, lucrative and progressive position by contacting Alex Camm @ Energi People today!!
To deal with multiple projects in a clear concise, co-ordinated manner meeting project deadlines and financial restraints for your respective discipline(s) i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, and Public Health. Take a senior role allied to your discipline and as part of a multi-discipline Team where appropriate. Work on your own initiative with minimal supervision on all technical aspects of your discipline. Maintain Professional Qualifications in line with the respective and appropriate Accreditation Body.
To fulfil the duties below in part or full as required for the respective project…
- Work within a mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) discipline team providing design and technical advice on projects in a discipline capacity.
- Understand the project appointment and scope of work following a briefing from the senior management team or Project Lead.
- Provide information and agree input into a resource schedule for the appointed work. Monitor your time weekly against the agreed costs.
- Understand the project risk allied to the project as a whole.
- Understand project costs and the impact of designs on the overall budget for the scheme.
- Carry out condition surveys for the discipline for combining into an overall report and collate all findings for issue to the client.
- Take into account maintenance and installation practices within the design.
- Complete detailed designs and supervise the work of others in this function.
- Consider the feasibility of the project specific to the discipline and contribute to the overall feasibility study for the project.
- Produce detailed and performance specification, room data sheets and equipment schedules for issue for the discipline subject to review by colleagues prior to issue.
- Carry out detailed calculations appropriate to the discipline and review the work of others for accuracy.
- Promote and consider sustainability and energy efficiency within designs.
- Participate in technical reviews and audits as and when required. Ask for a technical review before the completion of key stages of projects.
- Attend site and carry out appropriate site reports.
- Visit sites as required to determine the quality of the installation process allied to the discipline and report to the client for the whole project.If this looks like a position which you would enjoy and be successful within, I’d be keen to
- hear from you! – Get in touch with me, Alex Camm @ Energi People today!
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs