M&E Estimating Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director’s, the Estimating Managers role is to be accountable for managing the Estimation and Pre-Construction handover function whilst working closely with the Commercial and Operational teams. They will evaluate and manage all contractual, commercial and technical risk within the tender process and upon contract award manage risk and optimise profitability through the pre-construction handover process.
- Manage Day to Day operations of the Estimation Department team.
- Estimation and Pre-Construction Risk management.
- Management of new opportunities through the bid / no bid process.
- Developing Bid strategy with MD’s and Directors.
- Supplier/sub-contractor bid negotiations during tender process to enable a competitive “winning” bid is presented.
- Eliminating risk through the Pre-Construction handover process.
- Dispute resolution.
- Procurement strategy with Commercial/ Operation department and ensuring Best Value is achieved throughout.
- Meeting Compliance and Profitability targets.
- Quality and timely submission of tenders.
- Internal adjudications.
- Developing further resilience within the Estimation Department.
- Vetting incoming tenders/offers from our supply chain and ensuring that the most viable offer is included within our submission.
Experience and Qualifications
- The person will have acquired a formal qualification as recognised by the RICS
- Successfully managing relationships with stakeholders on the Company Boards, funders/lenders, sub-contractors and the Local Authorities at a senior level
- Management of performance monitoring regimes
- Working with detailed contractual/statutory/legal documents and ensuring compliance
- Provision of advice and guidance to other parties on key risk management matters
Experience and Qualifications Continued
- Experience of implementing, monitoring and updating systems and processes to manage complex contractual matters to ensure compliance with rights and obligations.
- Ability to interpret information and to undertake complex analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a cohesive risk assessment.
- Ability to effectively manage potential and actual disputes to minimise risk.
- Ability to identify key information and report it in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Demonstrated leadership and effective team management experience, both for direct report teams and in an interagency setting.
- Proven experience of building strong working relationships with other stakeholders whilst ensuring that the best interests of the projects are promoted and maintained.
Job posted in: Commercial Management Jobs
- Kent, England
- £75000 - £80000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Commercial Management Jobs