My client are a specialist HVAC Systems provider offering building services to specialist end users on a design, supply and install basis throughout the UK and abroad. They are seeking an experienced M&E Estimator to join their team due substantial company growth and increase in business demands.
They are happy to speak to successful candidates on either a permanent or freelance basis!
The M&E Estimator is responsible for compiling estimates for new business opportunities, co-ordinating all aspects of an estimate including internal, sub contract, specialist and supply chain elements. Drafting tender proposals and presenting all cost and project information in a high quality clear format for review by a senior management representative.
- Register and acknowledge receipt of enquiries
- Interpret and understand all project requirements from ITT documentation including technical and high level commercial elements.
- Manage/monitor all aspects of bids/cost plans preparation
- Build up cost estimates for elements including:
- Building Services Works including pipework and electrical work.
- Fabrication Work
- Site Installation
- Equipment and Sub Contract elements
- Design Costs
- Escalation & Risk Factors
- Co-ordinate content from others in the business and where required produce supporting documents to enhance the quality of bids and proposals
- Present detailed accurate estimating content in a timely manner for review and subsequent approval.
- Input into risk assessment, written proposals and project schedules
- Attend post tender reviews and lead in presenting project handover content when new business is secured.
- Experience of the UK HVAC market
- Experience of bid preparation and co-ordination
- Previous experience in a similar role in Construction / Building Services Company.
- Computer literacy including a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Experience using Trimble Estimation / ESTMEP software
- Some knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Powerpoint, Primavera P6 Programmes
- Experience of the Nuclear industry would be advantageous
- Consideration would be given to candidates with more general or basic estimating experience wishing to develop their career in this field.
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- Bury (Greater Manchester, England)
- £250 - £300 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs